Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gardening and other stuff

Here are my latest creations - Vegetable Garden cake pops. 

These were inspired by Kim from http://mykcbakes.blogspot.com/. Check out her beautiful work and awesome cake pop stands!


And, I had a few extras tonight while working so I dipped them in three different colors (just so happened to have red, white and blue out).


I don't like perfectly good cake pops to go to waste :) 

One more with some left overs:


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,
    I came across your page after seeing your post on Cake Pop Connection. Your pops are very pretty!

    Regarding your Veggie Garden pops tho, they look extremely similar to some that I've made, that I have posted on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kims_cakes/4806581701/

    Is there any chance this is where you got your design idea from?

    The cake pop community is pretty close-knit, especially bakers that have been doing it for awhile. As a courtesy, if you could give me credit as inspiration for the design, I'd greatly appreciate it.

    For this particular design, I was actually inspired by another baker, and gave her credit in the caption of this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kims_cakes/4806585835/

    Thanks so much,
    - Kim C. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Yes, I did see your picture when I googled veggie cake pops. I am more than happy to give you credit for the inspiration. I just loved your idea! I didn't even realize until now that you are the same one who makes the stands! I have one and love it! I'd also be happy to link your blog to mine if you want. Thanks for letting me know they are yours! Do you want me say inspired by Kim c. Or attach your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara,
    Thanks so much :) Honestly, of all the pops I've ever made, these are my favorite, so they have a special place in my heart.

    And yep, I'm the stand maker too :) haha, small world right?

    As for the credit, you can just put a link to my Flickr picture, that works for me.

    I really appreciate your understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a problem, I apologize for not having done it sooner. I also linked your Facebook page to the pic I have up on Facebook. My dad had a special request for his wonderful secretary at work who loves her garden, and that's how I came across yours. She loved them and I was so thrilled to see your great idea! Thanks for the inspiration and I'm sure ill be ordering another stand soon!

    ReplyDelete